This Supplement will feature research from the Personal Genomes Conference, held virtually by Wellcome Connecting Science on April 28-30, 2021, together with additional articles from the research community within scope of the themes presented.
This Supplement aims to disseminate novel research reflecting any of the following areas related to Personal Genomics:
- Promotion of diverse genome research and datasets (e.g., how to expand benefits of Personal Genomics for non-Europeans)
- Data-driven interpretation of personal genomes (e.g., applicability of polygenic risk scores and pharmacogenetics findings)
- Novel methods for access and sharing of personal genomes (e.g., new ways to enable research insights)
- Trust and governance in personal genomics (e.g., meaningful engagement with underrepresented communities)
- Personal genomics and pandemics (e.g., prediction of genomic susceptibility to COVID in unaffected individuals)
Editors: Gustavo Glusman (Institute for Systems Biology, USA), Mahsa Shabani (University of Ghent, Belgium) and Manuel Corpas (Cambridge Precision Medicine, UK).
How to submit
This supplement is currently open to new submissions. Submissions should be uploaded to the BMC Supplement Editorial Manager site and not the main journal submission. During submission authors should select ‘Personal Genomes Conference’, and mention this title in their cover letter.
For submission details, please refer to this document.
Full manuscripts should be submitted by 30 September 2021.
There will be a Publication Charge of GBP 1,457 (One thousand four hundred and fifty seven Pounds Sterling), in the event that your Article is accepted for publication following peer review and acceptance by the Journal.
Such fees are payable regardless of any membership arrangements, no further discounts shall be applied, and it shall be the responsibility of the author to pay this sum to the Publisher.
Please send enquiries to Manuel Corpas.